Welcome to the Section of Respirology
The Section of Respirology at the University of Calgary reflects the City of Calgary. Both are highly functional, innovative, attractive and prosperous! The Section has an extraordinary breadth of expertise and experience. Core activities include:
- A strong commitment to provide a high level of clinical services for a population of 1.5 million people in southern Alberta and south-eastern British Columbia.
- An excellent respiratory training program.
- An internationally renowned Sleep Centre.
- A unique Interventional Bronchoscopy team and service.
- A new leading edge program for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
- An obstructive airways group with a broad range of activities including a community based rehabilitation program and patient educators who function at all levels within the Health Region and southern Alberta.
- Close collaboration with a world-class team of thoracic surgeons and with the excellent lung group of the Tom Baker Cancer Centre.
There are 3 hospitals, all with an active respirology presence, that service the adult population, with a 4th planned to service the expanding southern edge of the city. Our division is actively recruiting to meet the needs of our growing population.
Calgary's proximity to the Rocky Mountains and world famous Banff National Park makes it a very attractive place both to work and play. The breadth of outdoor activities available is remarkable and includes hiking, climbing, down-hill and cross country skiing, mountain biking, camping, and kayaking. The adventure, both in the workplace and in the outdoors, is limited only by the individuals imagination!
Senior Administrative Assistant to:
Dr. Ward Flemons, Interim Zone Clinical Section Chief
University of Calgary,
Rm 4C70, Health Research Innovation Centre
3280 Hospital Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada